- 1 medium squid
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 stalk spring onion
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 5 gloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small ginger thinly sliced
for the sauce:
- 2 table spoon or more if you want more spicy sambal oelek
- 3 table spoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 table spoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup water mix with corn flour to thicken the sauce
- Peel squid skin off. Put a pinch of salt onto squid. Wash well. Drain.
- Cut squid tentacles into 2 inches long. Cut body, length wise, into 2 or 3 depending on how big it is.
- From the inside part, length wise, make small cuts, slightly not completely cut. Turn sideways, make same kind of cuts. This will give design to pieces of squid when cooked. Again, turn squid length wise, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- boiled hot water with ginger to blanched the squid for 10seconds to remove the fishy smell when cooking and set aside.
- mix the sauce ingredients together into a bowl and mix well.
- Cut onion and red bell pepper. Then slice jalapeño diagonally, Cut spring onion into 2 inches long. Put all veggies together with the thinly sliced carrots into a bowl.
- heat a wok on medium high heat. When wok is heated, add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, add in garlic and ginger. Give it a quick stir until fragrant, add all the vegetables together until the vegetables become translucent add in the squid and mixed sauce from step 5 and keep stirring to mixed the sauce together with vegetables and squid. after putting the squid let it cook for 2 minutes don’t overcooked as it will make the squid hard.
- Serve immediately with rice.