This homemade fresh summer rolls with easy peanut dipping sauce are healthy especially those who are on a low carb diet, these can be a wonderful light appetizer, lunch or dinner. You can add up meat or shrimp or whatever you want to and here’s exactly how I make them.
- 20, 9 inch rice paper wrappers
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 heaping cups carrots, shredded
- 2 heaping cups purple cabbage, shredded
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional if you want spicy)
- 1/3 cup water
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Trim romaine leaves to fit on the rice paper. Working with one rice paper at a time, submerge in a shallow bowl of water (a round cake pan works well) for 5 seconds. Remove rice paper from water and place on your work surface. Lay a romaine leaf on the paper and each of the veggies.
- Fold over one side of the rice paper then fold over top and bottom. Using a rolling motion, continue to seal rice paper on opposite side.
for the dipping sauce
- Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to the container of a blender or food processor. With the motor running, slowly pour water through the chute until the mixture is creamy and reaches the desired consistency. More water will make the peanut sauce thinner and less will make it thicker.
- For the excess sauce store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.