Dynamite Shrimp is made with battered fried shrimp coated in a spicy mayo sauce is the Perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or the main course!
TIPS FOR MAKING DYNAMITE SHRIMP
- Add this on top of steamed rice for a shrimp bowl lunch or dinner!
- Garnish with diced green onions for presentation.
- Add a few tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs to the flour for an extra crispy texture.
- Make this sauce with 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup pureed avocado to add some healthy ingredients to the sauce.
- If you don’t have sriracha, you can try adding hot sauce instead, even though the flavor will be slightly different.
- Serve the shrimp with sweet chili sauce, because the sweetness will help cut down on some of the heat for anyone who doesn’t love spicy food.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- canola oil for frying
- 500 grams shrimp deveined and shells removed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- a bit of salt to season shrimp
- 1 egg
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha/ hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat a pot of oil to 375 degrees, at least 3 inches high.
- Mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt and garlic powder.
- Mix 1 egg to the season shrimp and dredge the shrimp into the flour mixture and dust off the excess amount.
- Put the coated shrimp back to the excess egg mixture and coat again with flour mixture for the final coating.
- Fry the shrimp immediately about 2-3 minutes, take out and let it rest for 30 seconds before putting it back to the pot with oil for another 1 minute, until golden brown.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise,sriracha,sweet chili sauce and honey and toss with the freshly fried shrimp before serving.
Like this recipe? Save it to your Pinterest board now!