ORANGE CHICKEN MADE WITH CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN COVERED IN AN AUTHENTIC ORANGE SAUCE WITH A SWEET AND TANGY TASTE. THE ULTIMATE CHINESE ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE WHICH IS BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT.
This Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken thigh which is some people they used chicken breast but i choose chicken thigh because it is juicy, cut into bite-size pieces, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder ,dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy. The orange sauce is divine! It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar or honey, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes. It is both sweet and spicy and full of flavor.
- 6 Boneless chicken thigh cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Oil for frying
Orange Chicken Sauce:
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoon honey or sugar (add more if you want sweeter)
- 2 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch mix with 2 tablespoon water
- Green Onions
- Orange Zest
To make chicken:
- Place chicken in a shallow dish, seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix 2 eggs.Stir
- Put in flour and cornstarch to the egg mixture and set aside.
- Heat 2 -3 inches of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Using a thermometer, watch for it to reach 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, cook several chicken pieces at a time. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, removed from the pot and let it rest for one minute.
- Re-fry chicken back to the oil until golden brown, this makes the chicken crispier. Place chicken on a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat.
- Toss chicken with orange sauce. You may reserve some of the sauce to place on rice. Serve it with a sprinkling of green onion and orange zest, if so desired.
To make orange sauce:
- In a medium pot, put soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red chili flakes,orange juice,vinegar and honey. Heat for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of water. Add to orange sauce and whisk together. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Once the sauce is thickened, Put in the chicken pieces.
This Orange Chicken is going to make you forget take-out. If you like this recipe visit my you tube channel for more video. https://youtu.be/BjORA0aFoLI