Garlic butter shrimp is juicy, flavorful, and the perfect weeknight meal and it’s super easy to prepare. A simple combination of melted butter, minced garlic,spring onion, coriander,chili oil,ketchup and oyster sauce. this easy recipe only takes 10 minutes to make (yes, just 10 minutes).
FRESH OR FROZEN SHRIMP – WHICH IS BETTER?
When it comes to seafood, always consider the quality of the product and its source. Of course, it’s ideal to buy from a coastal shop selling fresh catches of the day. But, if you’re looking for something a bit cheaper and faster, don’t overlook the freezer section at your local market.Fresh is the best when it comes to seafood.
What about the fresh shrimp on ice in your supermarket? They may not be freshly caught and it’s hard to know how long the thawed shrimp have been sitting behind the counter. Just take the safe route and head to the freezer aisle to pick up a bag of shrimp.
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPE VIDEO
While this recipe is easy to make, it always helps to watch a quick step-by-step tutorial video. Give it a watch below!
- 500 g large fresh shrimp( well cleaned and deveined)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic ( minced)
- 1 spring onion cut into small size
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili oil ( optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium high heat and then stir in the garlic. Cook this for about 30 seconds until the garlic is slightly brown.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp begins to turn pink.
- Mix together oyster sauce,ketchup and chili oil and add to the shrimp, let it set for 2 minutes.
- Add spring onion and coriander before taking the shrimp off the heat.
- Make sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Serve well
Like this recipe? Save it to your Pinterest board now!