Finger foods always seem to be a winner with kids and these are no different. You can serve them with a dip of choice or as part of a lunch or main meal. If your kids don’t mind cold food then you could also pop a couple of these into a lunch box the next day.
When making these, you want to make sure you squeeze all the water out of the zucchini and carrots. If you skip this step then you will change the consistency of the batter and they won’t flip properly. Due to the higher ratio of vegetables, I also recommend leaving the batter in the pan for three to four minutes before attempting to flip. If you do all this then your fritters should form and flip well.
- 2 medium zucchini grated
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 red capsicum pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup (65g) corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- Oil for frying
- Place the carrots and zucchini on a clean cloth and squeeze as much water out of them. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the pepper and corn mix until combined.
- Seasoned with salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the egg and stir until mixed. Finally add the flour and mix until combined.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium low heat. Fill up an ice cream scoop with the mixture and drop into the pan. Flatten slightly with a fork. Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.